Chapter Pediatric Councils meet regularly with health plans to discuss access, quality and coverage issues impacted by health plan coverage and administration policies.
The AAP has nurtured primary contacts with the largest private health plan carriers and each PPAAC member is assigned to specific carriers as a resource to assist AAP members having issues with the carrier.
- Aetna: Gene Hershorin, MD, FAAP: EHershorin@med.miami.edu
- Anthem: Mark Hudak, MD, FAAP: email@example.com
- CIGNA: Sue Kressly, MD, FAAP: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Humana: Gail Schonfeld, MD, FAAP: email@example.com
- United Healthcare: Richard Lander, MD, FAAP: firstname.lastname@example.org & Chip Harbaugh, MD, FAAP: email@example.com
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Association plans: Betsy Peterson, MD, FAAP: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Medical specialty and surgical specialty issues: Mary Brandt, MD, FAAP : email@example.com